Call for EVS volunteers from Turkey in a project in Romania – DL: 21/09/2016
ZURY Association in partnership with Sof Dağı Gençlik ve Spor Kulübü Derneği organization from Turkey is developing the project <Sofder let’s go again> (a mobility youth project – KA1 – European Voluntary Service) within the new Erasmus+ programme within which is looking for EVS volunteers to be hosted in a voluntary stage in Timisoara, Romania that is going to start on 1st of October 2016 and will last for 6 months. Those interested to discover more about the project activities, application procedure and other details, are invited to consult the description below.
Project’s title: Sofder let’s go again
Hosting organization: ZURY Association – Romania
Sending organizations: Sof Dağı Gençlik ve Spor Kulübü Derneği (TR)
Period of the voluntary stage: 01.10.2016 – 31.03.2017 or 01.11.2016 – 30.04.2017
Location: Arad or Timisoara, Romania
Deadline for applications: 21.09.2016
Tasks of the volunteers:
- organize information and awareness raising campaign on different issues such as: consumption of grugs, cigarettes and alcohol, violence and domestic violence, other medical issues and problematics identified locally, importance of voluntary work, protection of the environment and ecological principles, sport and a healthy lifestyle, blood donation etc.
- organize and implement non-formal and informal educational activities in different institutions such as school, special schools, orphanages, centers etc.
- organize sportive activities for children and young people
- promote through different means available opportunities among youth such as trainings, youth exchanges, voluntary projects etc.
- write articles, create magazines and other informational materials or resources useful for youth and their promotion such as e-books, books, brochures, flyers etc.
- organize various cultural and social events such as for e.g. documentary evenings/movie nights
- develop linguistic and intercultural workshops (in Turkish) for local youngsters – if interested
Profile of the volunteers:
The interested candidates that wish to apply for this project which will be considered as future EVS volunteers will have to respect the following general profile:
- young people aged between 18 and 30 ONLY from Turkey
- interested by the subjects and the problematic proposed within the project: drugs, cigarettes and alcohol consumption, sportive activities, non-formal education etc.
- full of empathy, motivated, open minded and also able to work with vulnerable youth and children
- with a capacity of self-organization, responsible and flexible, independent
- available to work in an intercultural environment, in multicultural and mixed teams and able to adapt to new contexts and situations
- full of initiative and innovative spirit, creative
- with previous experience in developing different activities with youth and children (with be considered an advantage) or similar activities with the ones proposed in the project
- with sportive allure, young sportive or interested in practicing sports
- with capacity to exploit the results of the project and to fructify their experience in the future in order to develop on a personal and professional level
- interested to get involved afterwards in disseminating the activities and the results of the project, at the end of their voluntary stage and to get involved in follow-up initiatives in their own countries
Within the project, the EVS volunteers will benefit of the following aspects:
- preparation, training and integration
- international transport
- welcoming and accommodation
- board/food allowance
- pocket money
- local transport (for developing the planned activities, if the case)
- medical insurance
- access to activities and resources
- validation of personal learning outcomes through issuing of a YouthPass certificate
Documents needed for application:
Based on these documents, a pre-selection of candidates will be made and interviews will be conducted for ensuring the final selection of the future EVS volunteers that will be involved in the project.
The deadline for submitting the completed application is 21st of September 2016. The applications should be sent to this following e-mail address: email@example.com with mentioning the project title in the subject of the message. Only fully completed applications will be taken into consideration for evaluation.
Other aspects to be taken into account by those interested to apply:
- the final selection will be realized by the representatives of ZURY Association in cooperation with the representatives in charge from the partner/sending organization from TR
- there are 2 available places; a specific attention will be given to ensure the gender balance within the group; candidates with fewer opportunities will have an advantage upon selection.
- priority will be given also to candidatures coming from young people who have never participated before in a similar project (European Voluntary Service)